CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Probably should have read the owners manual first

So today was our first real outing- I took little man to have lunch with daddy and meet all of his coworkers, best known as our many friends. Boy, is that man loved, if we don't spoil him all the many others will. Anyways, afterwards I got brave and decided to run to the nearby mall because I was out of Fenugreek (helps Betsy keep her milk supply up) and take a quick browse to see if I could find any clothes that weren't made for 40 degreee weather, turns out hes his own personal heater, and its quickly warming here. So basically thats adds up to our first use of the stroller. The face says it all........who would have thought the use of a stroller would require instructions, its self explanatory right. Not so much. There is no telling what passerbys were thinking as they passed this poor first time mother out in the parking lot , all but cussing this stroller-all I wanted was to get him in safely, go get the pills and go home....work with me here. So after 5 or so minutes GIVE or take of little man crying(poor boy), and me well, ummm, lets not go there I broke down and called a mother who had clearly used a stroller before-thanks Tara, I'm sure you got a good laugh. I will read the FIRST TIME MOTHERS MANUAL TO SAFE STROOLER USE next time, but wait I won't need it then.
So finally after a quick run through of Stroller Use 101 via phone, off we were . He enjoyed his ride, I got my pills (he'll eat) and he got some new duds. At the end of it all we had a pretty successful day, but boy are we pooped!

4 comments:

Tara said...

Best blog by far! I love it! And when I got the call from you today in a panic, it so brought back memories. Love ya Girl!

Anonymous said...

We loved your blog!!!!! Just thinking about you struggling with the stroller made us laugh, sorry but the way you told it was funny!!! He really did look worn out, bet mom was too!!! We are proud of you for striking out on your own, we remember the days, when going out by ourselfs with a baby was scary. Love Granna & Pappy

Anonymous said...

So wait! What was the stroller lesson? I want to know the tricks, even if I'm like forever away from having to use it.

Amber said...

Okay, how cute is he!?! So funny about the stroller. And I LOVE that outfit in the last picture. So cute.

BTW...Target has some CUTE clothes right now for them. I stocked up the other day.