CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, April 10, 2008

A little behind....

Okay, almost a week, but what can I say I've been busy. Seems that little man is going through some sort of growth spurt, so he might not be so "little" soon. All I have done is feed, feed, and feed again....do you think I could feed myself somewhere in between there? Look at that face...let me tell you it was so hard to hold that sweet thing down at the doctor's office last Friday(that's right last-told you I was late). Turns out, Weston has a really hard time letting go. First, it was the wanting to stay in my womb for eternity(well it felt like it) and then it seemed that he just didn't want to let go of the last piece of me, the tie that binds-the umbilical cord. So on Friday, was week 5 and the little booger was still holding on.
(Before the trauma, note how small his tummy was )

Off to the Dr we went.They cauterized the remaining cord, it seemed like it took forever, 10 minutes feels like forever when your sweet little baby is screaming. Its not supposed to be painful, but they got a little skin, and well he didn't like being held down, and he sure didn't appreciate hes feeding being interrupted (you don't mess with the mans food). I sure am thankful he want remember a thing, or how I basically left indention in his legs to hold him down (he is too strong). So here's a look at his fresh navel-a little blackened.

1 comments:

Tara said...

Love the overalls in the first picture! And I have never heard of the cord not just falling off on its on. Little man likes to hang on to his stuff (could be an early sign he inherited of... not liking changes, from who he could of inherited that from, I dont know). Love Aunt Tara!