Baby has been home for over a month now and well some unpleasant feelings have reared their ugly heads. Of course, not towards Weston, how could I ever...he can't help it that the only way he has to express his needs are to scream at the top of his lungs uncontrollably-"Son I'm going as fast as I can but can you give me a minute to get off the toilet...I can only get these these things out of my shirt so fast....I have to get them out, do you want to breathe...and the ever so popular these days , could you please just lay there for a minute without being held." Bless his heart, he can't help it. This overwhelming feeling of inadequacy has suddenly overcome me over the last couple of days. It just seems like I can't get anything done but you better believe my baby always has a clean butt, clean clothes(well that's a stretch), a full tummy, and all the love the little man craves. So with that being said, please DO NOT show up to the house unannounced, it would cause quite a scare because mommy is looking a little unsightly(a bath is a luxury these days), did you know that milk was the new, up and coming scent this season, and the house....well lets just not go there. Joe is a great help he really is but I'm just having to get over the thought that its my responsibility to have the house spotless and dinner on the table every night when he gets home, as well as take care of the baby. I wonder if everybody feels this way at some point?I'm sure I will soon get over it.
I can't think of any better reason to look such a mess and smell like one too......or to have the laundry up to the ceiling. It'll eventually get done, but until then I'll dote on little man as long as he will allow....one day he will be too big to be held.Tear:(
I'm gonna go give him some love now..........and food. I do believe food is definitely the way to a mans heart:)
Tuesday, April 1, 2008
Postpartum week 4:Feelings of inadequacy
Posted by Pam at 12:17 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
You crack me up! The pictures of him are too cute and he is changing so much. And I do remember me crying on the phone to you about the same issues when Jolee was just weeks old...about not having a bath in days, house a mess etc, etc! It has almost been 2years and well lets just say..most of the time a bath is still a luxary unless I take one with her, and the house and home cooked suppers are few and far between. So see you are in good company!
Ok, I remember those feelings so well. You wonder will I ever get this under control???? The thing is you will learn whats most important?? A perfect house, supper on the table at the perfect time, a Mom with perfect hair, makeup, clothes, bath (well maybe a bath)or time with your baby in your arms (I know not always in your arms)but enjoy the time you have being together with Weston. Everthing else will wait on you and belive me everthing doesn't have to be perfect. Just not filthy!! Ha Don't stress out!!! Your are doing a great job and you are a wonderful Wife to Joseph,and a great Mother to Weston! I love you so much and am proud to call you my daughter!!! Love Granna/Mom
Post a Comment