CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Where has 1 MONTH gone?

So its been 1 whole month today, since our little boy was born.Where did one month go?It has went by so incredibly fast...it seems that I always have the same feelings after getting in bed for the very few hours his BIG appetite allows. After the fatigue and frustration from the day wear down, I have the time to reflect and it almost saddens me that the day is finished, and he is now one day older.
So much seems to change in one day. His once scrawny legs and belly have now been replaced with a little bit of fat(thanks to the every 1-2 hour feedings). I noticed this for the first time yesterday as I was dressing him for the day-I smiled to myself as his little belly poked out of his onesie, he looked like a little man laying there. Facial expressions change daily, every once in a while I'll get a little smile(not gas or sleep related) and that I tell you will melt a momma's heart.

He is so much more alert and aware of things surrounding him. I treasure these times when I can interact and sing to him and he just looks back with those beautiful eyes- almost hypnotized. He finally noticed the toys and mobile on the swing above him today. The way they grow and develop is absolutely amazing to me, from day 1 in the womb throughout infancy and childhood-it is a true miracle and blessing from God, we are so blessed to have received such a gift.

Trying at times-the feeding schedule and infant insomnia(as I call it) are a little challenging but when its all over, at the end of the day, he is an absolute joy and just fills our hearts with so much love!I mean how can you stay upset after looking at that face?

3 comments:

Tara said...

Ok so now Im in tears, that was so sweet. Happy 1 month little man! I can't believe a month has gone by since he was born. They grow so fast, Jolee is proof of that. We love you three so much. And great pictures mom!
Love, Aunt Tara

Anonymous said...

Pam, you are such a precious mom. And that last picture is amazing. You can really see you and Joe in him.

Anonymous said...

Wow 1 month can't belive after all that waiting this month has flown by!!! The pictures are beautiful such a handsome baby boy!!!! I'm missing him, haven't seen him since Sunday, I can tell his belly is poking out (due to Betsy's milk! Ha) Love ya'll. Granna