Its got to be one of the hardest things I've done...and nursing school was pretty tough.Its going on the second week of work now and it has been so terribly hard. I keep thinking every morning this has got to get better, but yet I still catch myself, eyes full of tears, every time I walk out of the door. The first day was the hardest though....why does everyone have to ask how I'm doing, I mean come on, my face is swollen and 10 shades of red, how does it LOOK like I'm doing. Needless to say I cried the whole way to work and a few times at the office, after the above dreaded question , of course (I know they meant well). But it does make the home coming that much sweeter. I cant get sanitized fast enough once coming home, and my heart just melts once I get a hold of him.
Come on, how could you NOT miss this??
And the smiles and coos just put the icing right on the cake. He has really started interacting so much more, what a joy it is to have him respond to my voice. The perfect end to a less than perfect day.
He continues to grow daily, it seems like he changes so just in the few hours I have spent at work . Hes went up a size in diapers(Size 1 now) and we are slowly weeding through newborn clothes and moving on up to 0-3 . The little buggar is so long, hes just now starting to get some rolls on those arms and legs. So I guess Momma's milk is doing a body good.So how is baby getting Momma's milk while she is at work, well lets just say me and Mrs. Medella definitely pump in style. I have learned great skills in multitasking-I guess that, I did learn in the 6 weeks at home with the little one . When they are full their full , driving or not...so just hook momma up(discretely of course), shes gotta a baby to feed and patients to see, please GOD don't let me get pulled over by that state trooper whom I just flew by going a FEW miles over the speed limit, he would understand right?And Lord, could you please protect me during this 15 minutes , oh the look on those paramedics faces.
So now I must get back to my little one, I've been away long enough today(which would explain the few, well okay, NO blogs the fast couple of weeks).Forgive me, I will do better .
Come on, how could you NOT miss this??
And the smiles and coos just put the icing right on the cake. He has really started interacting so much more, what a joy it is to have him respond to my voice. The perfect end to a less than perfect day.

0 comments:
Post a Comment