CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Home IS where MY HEART is...

Corny, I know, but Oh, how great it is to be home. The day home with little man has been much needed. It has been harder than ever to leave him in the mornings, I just needed some us time.Our weekend time was very limited , and my day off wasn't spent with him like intended. I was in a wedding for a dear friend and it took of much of our time, but that's okay. I have today and it has been wonderful.... No laundry, and no dishes -the only dirty thing I'll touch today is my baby's bottom.A day filled with cuddling in the bed (ahh..good times),smiles, laughs, coos, raspberries of spit, holding hands, and mommy saying the most ridiculous of things to illicit these responses. Oh, how the most simplest things bring such pleasure these days.
He laughed for the first times last week and did so a couple more times, man you would have thought he had conquered the greatest of task. We were clapping, and cheering him on....and crying. Yea, I'm a dork.
He continues to do new things and I continue to get the same ache in my heart....he's growing up, and that's a wonderful blessing, but bittersweet I guess. Everyone ask..."So how old is he now?" My response..."11weeks and counting,"because 11 weeks just sounds better than 3 months.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These 3 pictures are so beautiful. Weston is one handsome boy. I still can't tell who he looks like.

Tara said...

Love the pictures! His eyes in the last one-Oh my gosh beautiful and his smile in the 2nd picture-adorable! Can't wait to get my hands on him this weekend!